I had a fair amount of fabric left over from re-covering Olivia's rocking chair, and making a set of cot bumpers, so I decided to make a pushchair insert to use up more of the fabric.

I cut out the fabric and then 3 layers of wadding to pad it out.




I had to really carefully measure out where the strap holes needed to be, and then I sewed a buttonhole. I had to freehand the buttonhole as it was too big for the machine foot.

        



I rethreaded the straps through to check the positioning and the width.



I stitched a straight line across the pushchair insert to help it crease in the correct place.



I am so very happy with the outcome and now that Olivia will be riding in style. ;)