This month is another double whammy for my New Years resolution - a pattern I was given and fabric that I had in storage! I made the top version, but it think that come Autumn I will make the dress version ready to wear with boots and tights.




I used a chiffon type fabric to it is lightweight but also quite slippery and therefore trickier to work with. Once I had cut out the pieces I marked my dart notches with taylor tacks so that I didn't mark the white fabric. CHalk is supposed to 'rub out' but I find the lighter the fabric the worse a mark it leaves so isn't worth the stress. I used a bright colour thread so that its easy to see to pull out once I've sewn the dart in.




The neckline has facing sewn onto it to give a neat finish and I top stitched it to give a crisp edge.




The neck tie is seamed onto the neckline and then used to encase all the raw edges, so I hand sewed it closed.




Before the side seams are sewn together and the zip inserted on side I put it on the mankin to check the pussy bow was sitting nicely on the top.



The sleeve head was pinned into the top before the side seams were closed.




There is a 2.5cm cuff on each sleeve which I sewed on and pressed to make it neat.









The darts looked very neat once they were sewn in and ironed.







Its a nice fitting top, but it feels a little too 'work-like' in white, I wish I had made it in a pretty polka dot or something more interesting, but what with my new years resolution I am not allowed to buy anymore fabric for personal use!!